Mount Tarawera & Te Puia combo
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rotorua
- Product code: PXC149
- Trip time: 7 hours or split visits over two days
This unique experience combines the majesty of Mt Tarawera with the raw geothermal power and cultural experience that is Te Puia. Be transported from your accommodation up to Mt Tarawera, where guides will enthral you with the unique history of the sacred mountain, the stories of the people that lived upon its slopes, all as you take in the breath taking views of the surrounding area.
The part of your journey through to Te Puia will build on the unique relationship between Mt Tarawera and the people of Ngati Tuhourangi, who were deeply affected by the eruption of 1886, which destroyed their homes and forced there relocation to the thermal valley of Te Whakarewarewa.
- Availability: 7 days a week - 8:15am and 1:15pm in summer and 10:15am in winter
- Courtesy transport: 7 days a week from all central Rotorua accommodation and the Rotorua Information Centre
- Age limited: 7
- Refreshments: A steam boxed lunch at Te Puia